Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Maria Pearson b 1855 Huddersfield

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda

Amanda Report 3 Sep 2007 21:36

Hi

Need some help or info.

My gggmother was called Maria Earnshaw (nee maiden name Pearson then Maria Dawson).

Can anyone confirm who her parents were? I think they were Thomas and Fanny, after checking censuses records I think i am a little "snow blind".

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Amanda

Glenys

Glenys Report 3 Sep 2007 22:07

amanda,
you really have to give a little more than a name, where was she born what year etc....then whereabouts after that did she live? when did she marry looks like she married twice, so a marriage cert would tell you at least fathers name, a birth cert mothers maiden name.

Amanda

Amanda Report 3 Sep 2007 22:32

Hi

Maria Pearson born 1855 Huddersfield

married George Earnshaw 1874
then married David Dawson 1898

hope this helps

Amanda

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 3 Sep 2007 22:44

Amanda,

You need to get her birth certificate to be sure that you have the right parents for the right Maria.

Unfrotunately, Freebmd show TWO Maria Pearsons born in Huddersfield in 1855!

This of course means that you could be following the wrong one on the census!

Births Mar 1855 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pearson Maria Huddersfield 9a 284

OR

Births Jun 1855 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pearson Maria Huddersfield 9a 368

- - - -

Her father's name will be on her marriage certificate (and if you are lucky it will be the correct name!!!)

Marriages Sep 1874 (>99%)

Earnshaw George Huddersfield 9a 476
Pearson Maria Huddersfield 9a 476

OR

Marriages Dec 1898 (>99%)

Dawson David Huddersfield 9a 509
EARNSHAW John William Huddersfield 9a 509
EARNSHAW Maria Huddersfield 9a 509
Hirst Lily Huddersfield 9a 509

- - -

You MUST get one at least of these 3 certificates to be sure that you have the right parents.

Sylvia