Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lost family help.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 27 Jan 2008 22:03

Is there any family left who are related to these deceased brothers who were all born in Carlisle,Cumbria.They were born 1917 to 1937.Their names were Fred,Ronald,Colin and John(also known as Jackie)Parents were Margaret and John Pearson.If there is anyone out there who is related and I know there are quite a few cousins out there I,d love to hear from you or anyone who knows of any of them,please do get in touch.I have found one cousin who is Ronalds daughter,I am Johns daughter so we need Freds and Colins children all will be in their 40,s /60s.Any help much appreciated

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 27 Jan 2008 22:12

Could this be Colin's death?

Name: Colin Pearson
Birth Date: 11 May 1937
Death Registration Month/Year: Oct 1996
Age at death (estimated): 59
Registration district: Carlisle
Inferred County: Cumberland
Register number: B50E
Entry Number: 291

The death certificate might provide info like an address or the name of a family member. Or it might be possible to find a published obituary, which would ordinarily name children and grandchildren, in the mircofilm archives of a local newspaper at a public library.

If Colin were the youngest and Fred the oldest, and they both stayed in the same area as where they were born, this could be Fred's death:

Name: Fred Pearson
Birth Date: 27 Feb 1916
Death Registration Month/Year: Feb 1999
Age at death (estimated): 83
Registration district: Carlisle
Inferred County: Cumberland
Register number: A58E
Entry Number: 41

Jean

Jean Report 28 Jan 2008 21:47

Thanks for the info greatly received Kathryn,living in Manchester would I be able to obtain this info here?or is it only possible to get it from the local area they died in?
Regards Jean

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 28 Jan 2008 22:13

Hah, the Canadian here can help with this. ;)

Ordering certificates on line is a breeze.

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

I've never ordered recent death certificates, but I assume you just walk through the steps the same way as for older ones.

The info you'll need for filling in the blanks on the application form is all as set out in my post above.

Hope you find something useful from them!