Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Pettet

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pam

Pam Report 10 Dec 2003 22:27

My great,great grandfather Thomas Rusbridge married Elizabeth Pettet in West Firle Sussex in 1850. On the marriage certificate her father is listed as David Pettet, Labourer. Are there any Pettets in your tree that would link with Elizabeth or David? Any information would be appreciated. Pam

Mary

Mary Report 16 Mar 2011 19:29

Hi Pam,
I have just found a Thomas Rusbridge married Elizabeth in West Firle.
Thomas Rusbridge born 1907 was my husbands father, his father Arthur born 1879 My husbands grandfather. His great grandfather was Tom born 1858 so his geat grandfather again another Thomas born 1821 married Elizabeth and was recorded on the 1861 census as living in West Firle and had 7 children. Ant info you have about the family would be appreciated.
Mary Rusbridge

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 16 Mar 2011 19:46

Mary - Pam's post is over 7 years old so doubt she's checking for replies.

You could click on her name to try sending a message.

If you want any help then start a new thread of your own and people on here will be happy to try and help.

Mary

Mary Report 17 Mar 2011 13:06

Hi MarieCeleste.
Yes some help would be great. I am very new to all this and any help would be gratefully recieved.
Mary

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 17 Mar 2011 18:21

Mary, just go to the first page on this Trying to Find board and click "Add Topic". Read the drop down information which tells you how to proceed and then away you go!

Give as much info as you can, and be specific about what you're trying to find out.

Good luck!

Carol

Carol Report 15 Jun 2018 16:05

I am doing family tree for my friend, Rustbridge line.

Her connection was Martha Pettitt, I belive sister of David. Martha married a Richard Rusbridge1815. seaford sussex.

I have not connected Richard Rusbridge , yet, to The two Thomas's Rusbridge above, who were both shepherds

They had a son Thomas Rusbridge and his daughter was Emily Rusbridge(single.)

She had Richard Rusbridge and he married Annie Hobbs. (my friends gran)
Carol

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Jun 2018 16:22

Carol -

Pam started this thread in 2003, and the other posts date from 2011.
It's not likely that any of the posters will be looking here for replies now.

You can try contacting Pam or Mary (the others are just helpers on the board, and not related ) by sending a private message - click on their names at the top of their posts.

If they have kept GR updated re any change to their email addresses, they will be notified that there's a message for them in the system.

No guarantees that they will be able to receive, read, or reply, though, for any number of reasons.