Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Claire Wadey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire

Claire Report 7 Apr 2004 20:17

Anyone searching for Rands/Keble family connections, particularly from Suffolk? I wasn't, but I found a Rands ancestor in Brighton during the 19th century and could trace her line all the way back to 1500 using an ancestry file for Rands/Rannde that has been made public on the Mormons' website. Having at long last now entered those details onto this site, I've been found by a couple of others who have enabled me to take my Keble/Keeble line back to a Richard Keble born c.1360. All these ancesters were previously unknown to me and this discovery has been fascinating for all the family, so thanks to everyone who's contributed. Cheers, Claire

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 20 Nov 2007 17:51

Hi Claire,
Have you a Sarah Rands married to a Jonathan Sheldrake anywhere in your tree? Would love to hear from you as they also lived in Suffolk.
Thanks Rosemary

Claire

Claire Report 1 Apr 2022 20:40

Rosemary, I'm not sure how to say sorry for taking 15 years to reply, especially as, no, I haven't got details of a Sarah Rands married to a Jonathan Sheldrake. But, I only took down the details of my Rands / Rande ancestors from the world Rands family history study - and they're all male down to the Sarah Rands who married into my Woods/Bullen line. Hopefully, in these last 15 years you have also found that enormous Rands study that I'd come across way back, especially as I had left another thread about it for people to find. Very best if you're still here. Cheers, Claire

Claire

Claire Report 1 Apr 2022 20:44

Rosemary, this was what I posted about the Rands study back in 2004:

Anyone searching for Rands/Keble/Keeble family connections, particularly from Suffolk? I wasn't, but I found a Rands ancestor in Brighton during the 19th century and could trace her line all the way back to 1500 using an ancestry file for Rands/Rannde that has been made public on the Mormons' website. Having at long last now entered those details onto this site, I've been found by a couple of others who have enabled me to take my Keble/Keeble line back to a Richard Keble born c.1360. All these ancesters were previously unknown to me and this discovery has been fascinating for all the family, so thanks to everyone who's contributed. Cheers, Claire

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Apr 2022 21:55

It’s unlikely that Rosemary will be expecting a reply now. Best bet is to click on her name and send a message

Your original post is still at the top of this thread ;-)