Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Linda Green

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 17 Apr 2005 13:27

Hello My name is Linda Green nee PEARCE I was wondering if there was anyone that could help me to find any details about my family I have put all of the information that i have below and are hoping that someone may be able to help me in my quest to start a family tree for my sons and their future reference. Below i will give you all of the details that i have in the hope that you can help. Firstly however i must tell you that there was a name change and i was adopted within the family the person that i grew up with as my sister was in actual fact my BIRTH MOTHER. Below i have outlined all of the details that i can give you i hope that they will help you. My Birth mother is Ann PEARCE father listed as unknown My Adopted parents are Annie Elizabeth PEARCE nee RHODES DOB CIRCA 3-1-1920 Raymond PEARCE DOB unknown born Manchester area Wedding date March 29 1939 Children Raymond PEARCE DOB 1939 or 1940 Ann PEARCE DOB 1 or 2 AUGUST 1941 (my birth mother) John PEARCE DOB 11 MARCH 1942 Chris or Christopher PEARCE DOB 22 MARCH 1947 Brian PEARCE DOB 25 AUGUST 1954 I was born William Edward Street Balsall Heath My date of birth is 29 April 1960 My adoption date is 25 APRIL 1963 10-15 am in the county court CRN Corporation Street and Newton Street Birmingham sub division Deritend My Adopted Mothers parents names were Ethel (nee GWILT) & Albert Edward ROHDES We lived at 56 William Edward Street Balsall Heath and i attended Rea Street School until we moved in approximatley 1966 to 10 Howden Place Kitts Green until 1970 when we emegrated to Australia leaving onboard a BOAC plane on the 6 MARCH 1970 arriving Australia 7 MARCH 1970.. My adoptive parents separated when i was approximatly 4 years old and were divorced in the early seventies. I believe that my adopted father Raymond PEARCE remarried and had a new family but never left the UK where he is now deceased my adoptive mother passed away on the 13 JULY 1989 in Australia. The best details that i can give you in regards to my adoptive parents are that my adopted father was in The Army The Royal Tank Corps and then became a coach driver. My adoptive mother worked several jobs a few that i remember being told were at the bwoling ally and at a public house behind the bar as a bar attendednt and working as a conductress on the busses other than those i have no idea as I outlined above there was a name change this was after the marriage and sometime arround the births of the first and second children that being Raymond and Ann. That name change was from INGHAM to PEARCE and this was done because my adopted fathers mother mother remarried a man with the last name of PEARCE. As for my birth father the only details that i have of him is that his name is JOHN he had red hair and was a travelling carnival worker and was working at the carnival in 1959 that was set up in what they called the licky hills i believe this to be a park and the my birth mother had a very sort relationship with him resulting in myself. I hope that this information will be of use in helping me to find out about my families history and be able to help me to contact relatives that might be out there that we dont know. I look forward to hearing from you in this regard and thank you in advance for your help . Regards Linda Gree