Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Rhodes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dominique

Dominique Report 30 Aug 2006 19:09

Looking for anyone with a Rhodes connection in West Yorkshire in the 1800's

James

James Report 3 Oct 2007 14:50

hi my partner is jacqueline doris rhodes of west yorkshire. what is your interest?

Sheila

Sheila Report 6 Oct 2007 12:15

Hi I have a Hannah Rhodes born abt 1829 unknown place of birth married to Thomas Ramskill born abt 1829 Knottingley any help regards sheila

Helen

Helen Report 6 Oct 2007 18:46

Hi, my Rhodes all come from Wakefield - who are you looking for?
Helen.

Pamela

Pamela Report 7 Oct 2007 09:39

Hi. More information is needed if anyone is going to give much help. Definitely need names and hopefully a bit closer with a date.

I have come across hundreds of West RIDING 'Rhodes' in the 1800's, but had to have more information to see which of them were 'mine'.

Happy to help if you can send a few clues.

Pam (Rhodes)

Cyril

Cyril Report 17 Apr 2008 22:25

The Rhodes family I have interest in originated from
the Huddersfield area, particularly Kirkheaton or from
the Sheffield area. My father's mother was Marie Elizabeth Rhodes of Sheffield daughter of John, born
1863. The Kirkheaton branch of the Rhodes includes
Wilf Rhodes, Yorkshire & England cricketer. Where the two families connect is still a mystery.
One of my father's aunts, Charlotte Towell also married John William Rhodes in 1892 (Ref 9c/799)
at Sheffield. Both were born in Sheffield.
Alfred Rhodes = Elizabeth Halliday, 27/09/1873
Kirkheaton. Witnessed by Wright Rhodes and
Richard Halliday. Wright Rhodes and Sarah, his wife
originated from Kirkheaton and adopted a son Charly
who came from Leeds. (Census RG11/4378 Folio 124. Schedule 124. Low Fold) Joseph & Nancy nee
Wilkinson were parents of Alfred. Alf & Elizabeth also
had Hollin Rhodes then Wilf. Just to complicate matters, the Sheffield ancestry starts in Moreton in the Marsh, Gloucestershire via a John and Sarah
Rhodes. Taken from census returns.
Any help? Sincerely hope it is. Cyril