Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Rhodes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anthony

Anthony Report 20 Dec 2004 22:38

Hello all, I am very new to this so I have not got very far tracing my ancestors. I would like to hear from anyone who has any information concerning the ancestory, or recent family links, of my great grandfarther, MICHAEL RHODES, from Limerick in Ireland. He was born around 1870 and came to,Preston in England around the turn of the 20th centuary.He married DOROTHY BROWN in or around 1908, and died in 1916.Unfortunately that`s about all I know.Any information would be greatly apreciated.

Beverley

Beverley Report 23 Nov 2012 17:49

Hi
We have a few links to Ireland I am a Rhodes we had a connection with the O-Leary family the Michael Rhodes was discsussed by the old folks but not sure of the connections
I am researching so I will have a look for you there are a few graves with names on them in the Rhodes section when I last looked.

I am led yo believe that he was one of the links for the family when they ran away from N Ireland and came to England due to the troubles

It is possoble that somewhere the two grand fathers are connected in some wayh
Cheers
Bev

Mike *

Mike * Report 23 Nov 2012 18:03

Beverley please check the dates of the posts you are replying to.
Doubtful that old post will be re-visited.

Click the poster's name to send a message direct.
They may still be a member.