Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

cherylsda

cherylsda Report 18 Nov 2007 04:19

I am trying to trace my family the family Head is william Rhodes which leads to John Rhodes they came from England on to north carolina on to henderson Tennesse
the families had large numbers of children david rhodes mollie rhodes and others.

cherylsda

cherylsda Report 18 Nov 2007 04:21

I am looking for the liddell and bryant families
they came from mississippi their roots stem
fro pennie liddell sons were ben and cass liddell

cherylsda

cherylsda Report 18 Nov 2007 04:24

I am looking for the Bolden families and the crossc families also Alsup the bolden family comes from cherokee tribe henry bolden daughter pearl bolden died in 1911 children were alice cross henry cross mary cross some moved to california

cherylsda

cherylsda Report 18 Nov 2007 04:26

I am lookinf for the Dowell family they are referred to as the red Dowell and the black Dowell francis dowell he is part of this family
which consist of willie dowells clarence dowell
from Tennesse

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 18 Nov 2007 05:05

A bit of unsolicited advice, Cheryl!

You should make separate threads for each family. Different people will be related to / know about each of them.

You should use a subject line that actually says something -- a name, location, birthdate, marriage date ...

If you follow the instructions at the top of the board -- "go to your 'Surname Summary' area" (you can click on the link there), your post will be added directly to the board that is generated for that particular surname when someone looks for it (see the "filter" function on the left side) -- but you *must* still include the surname in your post, because no one else will be able to see it.

Put some dates into your posts. Without them, they're just a mess of names and places with nothing to put them in context.

Listing people is the best way:

John Doe born 1850 in Shanghai
son of John Doe and Rachel Roe
married
Jane Smith born 1850 in Moose Jaw
daughter of Jane Jones and Richard Smith

for instance.

You'll find that very few people here have connections to the US, or access to US resources, but you never know. Good luck!