Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Susan Riley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 30 Jan 2003 00:34

My paternal Grandfather was born Riley although he was brought up using the name of his stepfather who was called McCooey ( I hope I've spelled the name correctly)He used the name all of his life and it wasnt until he actually married my grandmother that he used the name of Riley. My grandmother was born in Ireland (Drogheda) but I don't think my grandfather was. They were both raised in the St. Helens district in Lancashire (Merseyside)I would like to hear from anyone with the surname McCooey who originates from Lancashire - St. Helens in particular. I dont even know whether my Grandfather had brothers or sisters.

Dave

Dave Report 2 Feb 2019 13:33

Hi Susan,
I am trying to look up info on my late mother's ancestors. She always insisted that her father, Peter Riley was from Drogheda and owned a shoe repair shop on St peter street, however, i have not been able to locate him there, all i have is evidence that he was born and married in Preston and his father was born in Liverpool! She must have got the information, being in so much detail, from somewhere. I just wondered if your grandfather could also be part of the same family? By the way, my Mother's name was Susan Riley!
Dave

malyon

malyon Report 2 Feb 2019 13:37

dave this post is 16 yrs old so susan may not see your answer click on her name send a message when was your mother born

malyon

malyon Report 2 Feb 2019 13:42

Peter J Reilly
Ireland Civil Registration Indexes, 1845-1958

birth: July 1957 / September 1957 Drogheda, Ireland
mother: Mcmahon

Peter Reilly
Ireland Civil Registration Indexes, 1845-1958

birth: April 1944 / June 1944 Drogheda, Ireland
mother: Flanagan

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Feb 2019 14:12

Your parents, Dave?

Marriages Mar 1968 (>99%)

POWELL DAVID K RILEY BIRKENHEAD 10A 163
RILEY SUSAN A POWELL BIRKENHEAD 10A 163

What documentation do you have for your mother?

malyon

malyon Report 2 Feb 2019 15:13

was susan's mother's name ellis

Dea

Dea Report 2 Feb 2019 15:21

Any connection here?

Marriages Dec 1902
McCooey Lawrence Prescot 8b 1219
Riley Ellen Prescot 8b 1219

Dea x

Dea

Dea Report 2 Feb 2019 15:24