Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Robertson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 24 Jun 2004 08:17

I am trying to find Joseph Brogan Robertson Born Scotland possibly Dundee approc 1920 He has a son Robert Francis Moran born 1948 and paul born 1953?. I need urgent information from him on medical history

Maddie

Maddie Report 30 Nov 2018 12:30

this is a very old post
robert died in 2009 in dundee

could this be joseph
ation Index 1837-2007
Name Joseph Brogan Robertson
Event Type Death
Registration Quarter Jan-Feb-Mar
Registration Year 1977
Registration District Swansea
County Glamorganshire
Event Place Swansea, Glamorganshire, Wales
Birth Date (available after June quarter 1969) 16 Jun 1924
Volume 27
Page 2540
Affiliate Line Number 160
Citing this Record

"England and Wales Death Registration Index 1837-2007," database,

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 Nov 2018 13:15

His death cert would give cause of death, Averil, and might answer your question re medical history.

How long ago did you send your message to Jacqueline?
It's such an old post the she may have changed her email address since then, and not informed GR - or may have become infirm or died.
On the other hand, if you sent it fairly recently - don't give up hope. Sometimes replies are received weeks/months / even years after!

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 Nov 2018 13:19

He married in 1947:

ROBERTSON
JOSEPH BROGAN
GALBRAITH
ELIZABETH SHEPH [erd ]
282/2 540
St Clement

His wife may have died in Dundee in 1992.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 Nov 2018 13:28

Joseph's birth - so either the Swansea death isn't the right one, or the informant had the wrong info re his DOB:

ROBERTSON
JOSEPH BROGAN
M
1922 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
282/2 615
St Clement

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 Nov 2018 13:33

A John Robertson (mms Galbraith) died in Dundee in 2013 - I don't know if he's any relation or not.
He was aged 57, so born c1956.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 Nov 2018 13:47

A Paul Robertson was born in Dundee in 1952 - but without buying a copy of the birth cert it's impossible to say if he's Joseph's son or not.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 Nov 2018 15:14

PM from Averil -

"It is the same Joseph Robertson who died in 1977. he is also the father of Paul, I am not aware of a John.
I wasn't aware my father had two sons other than my brother who has also died recently of a young age. It's only the last two months I have tried to trace my fathers family "

In that case, Joseph's death cert might be the best bet re medical information, as mentioned before.

A Robert Francis Robertson married in Dundee in 1970 . However, even if that's the right Robert, it's not possible to use mother's maiden surname as a search term for births after 1854 on Scotlands People, so I can't tell if there were any children of that marriage or not.

Several men named Paul Robertson married in Dundee, from 1987 onwards, but again, even if one of them is the correct Paul, I can't tell if he had children or not.