Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to extend family tree down grandad's side

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynn

Lynn Report 12 Nov 2008 18:58

I have had success with my family tree on my grandmother's side but I am drawing a blank on grandad's side.

All I have to go on is his name - Frederick Tudor Robinson, his year of birth - 1905, and the fact that he was a journeyman.

He married my grandmother (Grace Allwork 1906-1945) in 1936.
If anyone can help I would be very grateful, I am fairly new to the family tree business, but have been lucky enough to get in contact with another family member who is also tree tracing, through them I have been able to add much to Grace Allwork's side of the tree, which has really got me started.

Hoping someone can help. Lynn

Linda

Linda Report 12 Nov 2008 19:00

Births Dec 1906

Robinson Frederick Tudor Marylebone 1a 502

Catherine

Catherine Report 12 Nov 2008 19:16

His birth certificate will give his parents name and his mothers maiden name, which will help you go further back.
His marriage cert. will give you his fathers name and profession which could help find them in the census records.

Catherine

Catherine Report 12 Nov 2008 19:22

The only Grace I could find is this one:-
Births Jun 1907 (>99%)
Allwork Grace Winifred Kingston 2a 433

Did Grace marry twice?

The only marriage I can find is the following:-
Marriages Jun 1926 (96%)
Allwork Grace W (Porter) Plymouth 5b 683
Porter Ernest W S (Allwork) Plymouth 5b 683

Lynn

Lynn Report 12 Nov 2008 20:47

Thanks Monk, I will check that one out.

Thanks Catherine, not sure if thats the same Grace, but will check out the births record

Lynn

Thomas

Thomas Report 12 Nov 2008 21:01

One of my ancestors was a journeyman basket maker which meant he made baskets and travelled around the country selling his wares!