Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 17 Nov 2008 22:48

trying to find out if Thomas William Robinson mayor of oakdale wales born in Worcester 1887 married to Annie had any children,his siblings were Albert ,Barbara ,Joseph(Clarence) ,Florence, Arthur ,Edwin and Idris
any help would be appreciated
michelle

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 17 Nov 2008 22:55

When and where did he marry?

The names of his siblings won't actually help to find any children he may have had............

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 17 Nov 2008 23:12

And the big thing is to know his wife's surname. After mid-1911, birth registrations included mother's birth surname. So you can search at

http://www.freebmd.org.uk

for births
surname Robinson
mother [??]

Hopefully, her surname was a little less common than his!

Pam

Pam Report 17 Nov 2008 23:23

You might get some help from this website:

http://www.oakdalevillage.net/mainnav.html

Michelle

Michelle Report 18 Nov 2008 11:06

Dont know her name ,asume he was married in Merthyr as the remainder of his siblings were born there I know he lived in Markham crescent oakdale,and that he was mayor of oakdale thats my lot,suppose thinking about it sensibly the answer is staring me in the face, i could get hold of oakdale district council as they would have records.
michelle