Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find Frederick T Robinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynn

Lynn Report 13 Jun 2009 17:06

I am trying to find out what happened to my grandfather after my grandmother died (in 1945). I know Robinson is a fairly popular surname however, Frederick Robinson's middle name was Tudor which is more unusual. They were living Salford Manchester at the time of my grandmother's death, my mother was sent to live with relatives so has know idea what happened to her father. I assume that he is dead now as he was born in 1906 St Marylebone, London. He had a brother Henry and two sisters, Margaret and Violet. If anyone can shed any light on what has happened to him I would be very grateful.

Lynn

Julie

Julie Report 13 Jun 2009 17:14

I won't matter that he had an unusual middle name as it would still mean looking through each Qtr

Gee

Gee Report 13 Jun 2009 17:23

Hi Lynn

checked on free bmd/Ancestry/CWWG and found no death for him. He could have changed his name or maybe left the country. When did your nan die?

Where do these people vanish to!

Ginny x

Lynn

Lynn Report 13 Jun 2009 20:35

Firstly thank you for replying.

Yes I do know his date of birth as I have a copy of his birth certificate, I am seriously considering joining Ancestry as I have heard its one of the best sites for family tree researchers.

My grandmother died 10/09/1945 in Salford Manchester.

Lynn

Lynn

Lynn Report 12 Feb 2012 18:36

Hi all,

Time for an update, I now know that Frederick Tudor Robinson died in March 1976 (I have his death certificate). However I still don't know what happened to him between my grandmother's death and his death, its possible that he remarried, and may even had a second family, who knows.

I'm still researching and would love to get in contact with anyone else searching the Robinson name, particularly ancestors from the London/Middlesex area.

I am willing to share my information and help others, as with a name such as Robinson it can be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Lynn :-)