Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

brth certificate

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Becky

Becky Report 6 Jul 2009 21:19

Im pulling my hair out, i want to get a birth certificate on this man, his name is william henry ward robinson, and i cant get any info on him at all, i manage to find his marrige and got his marrige certificate he was married on 25 may 1901 name on certificate is william henry ward robinson age 21 he was a labourer and married a sarah ann malone in west derby, (marrige solemnized st marys kirkdale) he died in the 1st world war, his dad who was deceased by then was a william ward robinson
would very much appreciate some help
thankyou bex

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 6 Jul 2009 21:28

Have you looked for him in 1911? it's free to search, but you'd have to buy credits to find out where he was born.......

Becky

Becky Report 6 Jul 2009 21:58

unfortuantly i have and had no luck there either, well saying that there was to many william henrys so i looked at his wife and she is there with all the children but no william
regards bex

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 6 Jul 2009 22:09

There is no marriage on freebmd for a William Ward Robinson........maybe the mother was unmarried? In which case, the boy would have been registered under her name...........

Or..........was he born somewhere other than England/Wales?

What was William's occupation when he married?

Janice

Janice Report 6 Jul 2009 22:17

Do you know the father's occupation - is it on the marriage cert? This one could be a possible?

William H Robinson
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1880
Relation: Son
Father's Name: William W
Mother's Name: Elizabeth B
Where born: Warrington, Lancashire, England

Civil parish: Warrington
Ecclesiastical parish: Holy Trinity
County/Island: Lancashire

Registration district: Warrington
Sub-registration district: Warrington

William W Robinson 48
Elizabeth B Robinson 48
May H Robinson 19
Lilian A Robinson 15
William H Robinson 11
Leonard Robinson 8
Ann Hough 19

Becky

Becky Report 6 Jul 2009 22:17

william henry ward robinson was a labourer when he married sarah ann his address was 35 sessions rd
regards bex

Becky

Becky Report 6 Jul 2009 22:23

oh blimey janice thankyou thats more then i have found way more, its a very good possibility....
thanks bex

Janice

Janice Report 6 Jul 2009 22:30

Hi Becky,
Not so sure now: in the 1901 father is William H not William W :-(

William H Robinson
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1847
Relation: Head
Spouse's Name: Elizabeth J
Where born: Warrington, Lancashire, England

Civil parish: Warrington
Ecclesiastical parish: Holy Trinity
County/Island: Lancashire

Registration district: Warrington
Sub-registration district: Warrington

William H Robinson 54
Elizabeth J Robinson 56
Lizzie A Robinson 25
William H Robinson 22
Ernest L Robinson 18
Elizabeth Barker 20

Choccy

Choccy Report 6 Jul 2009 22:30

one possible birth of father of William Henry

Births Dec 1863 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROBINSON William Ward Birmingham 6d 61

Becky

Becky Report 6 Jul 2009 22:37

oh blimey ok, thanks guys, birmingham wasnt expecting that one, just spoken to my mum and she says william henry ward robinson defintly died in WW1, abt 1916 0r 1919
regards becky

Janice

Janice Report 6 Jul 2009 22:57

Can't find death on Ancestry 1916-1919 or on Commonwealth War Graves.

Becky

Becky Report 6 Jul 2009 23:02

Thanks Janice realy appreciate you trying
regards bex

Janice

Janice Report 6 Jul 2009 23:05

Do you know if he was in the forces during the war, or if he died as a civilian?

Becky

Becky Report 6 Jul 2009 23:11

unfortuantly i dont no, and its a bit late to ask my mum, will ask her tommorrow, the impression i got from my mum was he died in the war, will try and get some more info from her
regards bex

Becky

Becky Report 6 Jul 2009 23:55

ok brillant, thankyou for that
regards
bex

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 7 Jul 2009 09:30

could this birth be a possibility?

Births Mar 1880 (>99%)
ROBINSON Male W. Derby 8b 290

Janice

Janice Report 7 Jul 2009 09:31

If you can find him on CWGC, please let me know!! I spent a long time looking for him which is what prompted the question about forces/civilian death.
Janice

Becky

Becky Report 7 Jul 2009 16:23

hi, sorrey for delay janice, just finished work!! ok im currently looking on cwgc website, have spoken to mum, she said her nanna always said he died in WW1, now his wife sarah ann re-married in 1918 to a james dimwoodie, now on the cwgc i found ( i think) the william h robinson you found in 1891 on it he died 1815 but he was married to a annie emily (i think thats what it says) so i dont think that is my one. i will keep u posted, it be nice if i had a birth so i could get birth certificate.
thankyou for your help i will let you no, even if i cant find him
regards bex

Becky

Becky Report 7 Jul 2009 16:57

Hi
That could well be his birth, it fits, as he was 21 in 1901?? Thanks
regards bex

Janice

Janice Report 7 Jul 2009 18:22

In the absence of anything else, I think I would order that birth cert with the father's name as a checking point. At least you would get some money back if it's not the right one.
Good Luck!
Janice