Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trace of army record

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Louise

Louise Report 21 Aug 2009 13:37

I wonder if anyone could please help me. I am trying to trace my Grandfathers army record without much success.
His name was Clifford Robinson and he was born 26.05.1913. We were informed he joined the Kings own Yorkshire Light Infantry at Pontefract, Yorkshire and Lancashire around 1939/1940 to 1945/1946. My father wrote to the Pontefract office who have no record of him. We know he must have registered as we have his army badges with the dates and name of registry on it. If you know how I could go about this please let me know?
Many thanks, Louise

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 21 Aug 2009 13:48

Louise

This is where you apply for Service records
This link explains who and how they can be obtained, you can download the application also

http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/army.html

These records are not online, nor in the public domain, only the NOK can apply for them. They are still held by the MOD.

They do cost £30-00 and can take 3 months to get them

George

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 21 Aug 2009 13:50

DUPLICATE THREAD

Louise
Please read the Guide Lines for Message Board use

Don't submit the same – or similar – material more than once.

GB