Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

George Robinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 26 Aug 2009 14:17

George Robinson married Louisa French Campell St Pancras 1840. George was 65 and Louisa 22. One child George Alexander was born 1842 in Camden Town. Two more children John William b 1844 and Frederick Augustus b 1846 were born in Leeds. George was a British Subject, born about 1775 on the 1851 census. His father was John Robinson according to his marriage certificate. Could anybody tell me how I find out where he was born? The 1841 census does not give any indication.

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 26 Aug 2009 14:43

hi think this is them
1851 census

Name Frederick A Robinson
Age 4
Estimated Year of Birth 1847
Relationship to Head of Household SON
Occupation Juvenile
Address 16 Buslingthorp Lane
District Leeds, West Leeds
Parish
Administrative County Yorkshire
Birth Place Leeds
Birth County YORKSHIRE
in house
george head 76 british subject
louisa f wife 32 born hertford
george a 8
john w 6
frederick a 4
ann servant 45 cant make out surnames for servants
winifred servant 20
HO 107 / 2321

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 26 Aug 2009 14:55

1861 census

Name Frederick A Robinson
Age 14
Estimated Year of Birth 1847
Relationship to Head of Household SON
Occupation CLOTH DRESSER
Address 29 Stamford Street Day School
District Leeds, North Leeds
Parish
Administrative County Yorkshire
Birth Place Leeds
Birth County YORKSHIRE
in house
louisa f head wdow 40
george a 18
john w 16
frederick a 14
RG 9 / 3380

Heather

Heather Report 27 Aug 2009 16:36

Hi Polly, Thank you for your reply and for looking at the census. It is my George and Louisa but am afraid it doesn't help. I have traced them through the censues but have not found any information before 1841. I know George lived in Camden Town then but he is on the census in Gravesend Kent, not born in that county. All I know is he was a British Subject and his father's name was John. Not much to go on.