Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rose Harriet ROBINSON, 1891, Moors Flat, Victoria

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bel

Bel Report 5 Jan 2010 04:24

I am looking for more information on Rose. I am particulary interested in who fathered her only child Jean May Robinson, born 1911. I do have quite alot of information from researching, but I am looking for anyone who is also researching Rose and Jean. I have one photograph of Rose and would love to find some more to add to the tree, including photographs of Jean.

There are also some conflicts on her place of birth not that its a big deal, this is the information that I have so far.

ROSE
"Born 5 Oct 1891 Moors Flat, Victoria REG #29056
"BIRTH
ROBINSON, Rose Harriet
Father Jno/Mother Elizabeth Susan Hooper
Birth Place: Adelaide Lead 1981 Reg #29056
DIED Rose Harriet ROBINSON 1921"

She had a daughter Jean May Robinson, info i have as follows:
Born
"12 July 1911, Maryborough REG 29056"
Lists Rose as her mother and father UNKNOWN
Death
"28 Jun 1990 Bendigo Cemetery sais dead 28.7.90"
Marriage
"Higginbottom, Hector Reid Robinson, Jean May 1927 Reg # 9316"

I am curious as to who raised Jean, as i am sure back in them days it was the undone thing to raise a child as a single parent.

Thanks for your help, anything on Rose of Jean would be appreciated :)

I do however have Rose's parents information along with all information from Jeans birth onwards, her marriage and her children etc so you know not to search for what i already have :)

Thanks heaps

Oh i will add that Rose is my great great grandmother

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 5 Jan 2010 13:02

Hi Bel.

Just a suggestion....regarding your question..*****I am curious as to who raised Jean, as i am sure back in them days it was the undone thing to raise a child as a single parent.******

Is it possible after Rose Harriet' Robinson's death in 1921 that "Jean May Robinson" may have been raised by an Aunt/Uncle or her grandparents raised her, with help from other family member perhaps, as there appears to be a few ROBINSON families living in Marjorca Road Maryborough around this time....and also ROBINSON families living at the "Adelaide Lead" where Rose Harriet Robinson was born. I noticed Rose Harriet was one of 8 or 9 siblings, so not short of a family member to take over her daughter...Jean's raising.

1914 Electorol Roll Maryborough

Name: Rose Harriet Robinson
Occ: Home Duties
Electoral Year: 1914
State: Victoria
District: Grampians
Subdistrict: Maryborough
Marjorca Road.

Also living in Majorca Road Marybourough:
John ROBINSON Occ: Carter
John Edward ROBINSON Occ: Carter
Jessie ROBINSON Occ: Home duties
Elizabeth Susan ROBINSON Occ: Home duties

Electorol Roll shows ROBINSON families still living in Majorca Road Maryborough in 1949

Just a thought.

Tony ( Victoria )
ps. My wifes grandfather b.1900 in Creswick, Vic. was raised by his grandparents and two Aunts, after his mother died in 1906

Bel

Bel Report 6 Jan 2010 00:24

Thank you very much for that info, seems they were in majorca road for quiet some time with the info i have, makes me think a trip down that ways in order one day as I am sure someone would remember something if anyone was still around.
This is my next challenge finding out who raises her :) its an eye opener so far what i have found so be interesting to find out.

Thanks again for your help