Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Arnold Robinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clare  Louise

Clare Louise Report 14 Feb 2010 19:18

Arnold Robinson i think would of been born around 1900-1910 in or around west ham trying to find any imformation.

Astra

Astra Report 14 Feb 2010 20:35

Possible. What else do you know about Arnold?

ROBINSON, William Head Married M 50 1861 Labours Naval Department West Indies Resident VIEW
ROBINSON, Alice Wife Married
18 years F 38 1873 West Ham Essex VIEW
ROBINSON, Charles Son Single M 17 (JUNE 17) 1894 Inspection Branch West Ham Essex VIEW
ROBINSON, Archibald Son M 5 (APRIL 5) 1906 West Ham Essex VIEW
ROBINSON, George Son M 3 (JUNE 3) 1908 West Ham Essex VIEW
>>>ROBINSON, Arnold Son M 10 1901 West Ham Essex VIEW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Registration District:
West Ham Sub District:
Canning Town EnumerationDistrict:
14 Parish:
West Ham

Address:
20 Queens Road Custom House West Ham

Clare  Louise

Clare Louise Report 14 Feb 2010 21:19

Not a lot only found out about him today it seems he is my farthers (Edward George Parsons/Bostock) dad i'v found a birth in mar 1905 did he marry and have more children?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Feb 2010 22:52

2 possible births with your info:

Births Sep 1901 (>99%)
Robinson Arnold William W. Ham 4a 154
Births Mar 1905 (>99%)
Robinson Arnold W. Ham 4a 489

Has your info come from a family member? You could do with more really, because apart from anything else you do not know his birthplace or the year as far as I can see.

Jan

Clare  Louise

Clare Louise Report 18 Feb 2010 00:32

Been out with some family members tonight who have shed some light on my grand farther Arnold Robinson he would of been born 1901 around west ham that is all we know as he and my nan Grace Parsons did not marry after my farther was born Edward george in 1925.

I don't know where to go now with this name or where he went or even when he died.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 18 Feb 2010 10:31

Well, the 1st birth and 1911 above would seem to fit your man. If he didn't marry your grandmother it's trickier obviously.
Do you have his death to double-check birth year? It might even record actual birth date depending on informant.
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 18 Feb 2010 12:35

Just to go back to your query about possible marriage - the only Arnold Robinson Essex marriage I can see is:

Marriages Sep 1926

Power Rose H Robinson W.Ham 4a 965
Robinson Arnold E Power W.Ham 4a 965

Jan

Clare  Louise

Clare Louise Report 20 Feb 2010 15:35

That looks like him as my dad was born in 1925 so a wedding in sep
1926 looks about right. Were any more children born?

I think i have found 2 matches so i will e mail them but its a long shot without any other names.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 20 Feb 2010 17:39

So, are you saying your grandparents did not marry, and you think your grandfather went on to marry someone else? Getting a bit confused here!!
There are a few Robinso/Power births, but these seem to fit with year and location:

Births Mar 1927
Robinson Olive R Power W.Ham 4a 511
Births Mar 1929
Robinson Ronald A Power W.Ham 4a 509

Jan

Clare  Louise

Clare Louise Report 21 Feb 2010 12:20

Yes thats right my nan Grace Parsons had my dad on her own in 1925 so my farther was born as a Parsons. Grace then went on to marry Albert J Bostock a few years later, so i don't know when my farther Edward George would of changed his name to Bostock.

I met up with 5 Bostock cousions on wednesday who are children of my dads half brothers ans sisters but all grew up together.
They told me their parents remember a man [Arnold Robinson] arriving at the house and that this was Ted's [Edwards] dad. Ted was about 16 i don't think he ever saw him again.

So i'v just wanted to find somemore out this man, so the information you sent does seem to match up with dates.

Clare  Louise

Clare Louise Report 21 Feb 2010 12:24

The cousions i met last week i only found on here the week before.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 21 Feb 2010 14:24

Was Arnold named on your father's marriage certificate?
I wondered if it gave a middle name or occupation.........

Gwyn

Clare  Louise

Clare Louise Report 21 Feb 2010 14:40

I don't think so Grace went and stayed with an aunt to help her. I found a Arnold E Robinson born in 1901 i'm guessing the E stands for Edward so i'm sorry thats all i know i will try and track his birth down and see whats on there.

Clare  Louise

Clare Louise Report 23 Feb 2010 15:43

How do i find out Arnold Robinsons line of work?

Clare  Louise

Clare Louise Report 23 Feb 2010 16:09

also trying to find which year he died keep loking through records but my computer keeps crashing making it very slow.