Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find details of the parents of

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 7 Dec 2010 22:57

Albert was born c1909 he married Annie Forsyth born 1914 in Salford I know they had 2 children Rita Anne Robinson born 1933 Raymond Robinson think he was born 1942 and I think they had another Son Albert born 1937 - really struggling with this any help would be appreciated. Regards Anne

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 7 Dec 2010 23:03

Anne, is it Albert Robinson?

Anne

Anne Report 7 Dec 2010 23:07

Yes Marie it is

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 7 Dec 2010 23:08

Anne,

Do you know where he was born?

Robinson is quite a common name, you really need his marriage details to confirm his fathers name etc

Ann

Choccy

Choccy Report 7 Dec 2010 23:11

looks like her name was Rita

Marriages Sep 1933 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forsythe Rita Robinson Salford 8d 1041
Robinson Albert Forsythe Salford 8d 1041

Anne

Anne Report 7 Dec 2010 23:13

I think he was born in salford sorry I am not much help but I was not brought up by my parents and these were my mother's parents - my mother was from salford - and I think all the family were from there - hope this helps - Thanks Anne

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 7 Dec 2010 23:23

Hi Anne, because it's a commonplace name you should really get a copy of the marriage cert to get his father's name & occupation to help trace him.

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 7 Dec 2010 23:27

Anne,

Have had a look at the census for Lancs and there are too many results for a Albert Robinson, do you know of any siblings for him?

If not.........you should purchase the marriage cert that Choccy has posted and then that will give his fathers name & occupation, then we should locate him on the 1911 census.

Ann

Anne

Anne Report 8 Dec 2010 08:38

thank you everyone - I will purchase the marriage certificate that was a great help. I only know the name of 1 sibling Hilda - as you say Robinson is such a common name I also have a Jones so as you can imagine it has been quite difficult. Once again many thanks