Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

living relations

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eleanor

Eleanor Report 20 Mar 2011 09:47

trying to find living relatives well i hope they are still with us as they may be able to help me with search
1) gerry robinson was living in oxford or round about teacher i think originally from ni
2) evelyn robinson vulcan street moved from old vulcan st to new around 1990 lost touch with both after father passed i know gerry had children

Michael

Michael Report 20 Mar 2011 12:38

Are you looking for relatives in the Oxford area? Do you have any more data i.e. DOB etc. Do you know where the family originated.? Have data re Robinsons from Lincs and Yorks so maybe able to help you.
Michael

Michael

Michael Report 20 Mar 2011 12:50

Is ni Northern Ireland? Sorry I am off line now until 10:15 on Monday , so will pick up with you tomorrow.
Michael

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 20 Mar 2011 14:50

Have you tried putting the names in the "Search Trees" box at the top of this page to see if anyone on here has them in their tree ?

Eleanor

Eleanor Report 20 Mar 2011 18:06

thank you both have tried the search box actually found a cousin of theirs but was only able to supply info on great great granny ect which was great but like me lost touch yrs ago.
and micheal if you can help would be great i,m guessing dob would be 1927-37 as he was the youngest and similar in age to my father who was born in 37 originally from vulcan st (pottinger pt of) co down but might find it under belfast as it grew out around it and i only know oxford could be anywhere in oxford but nearly sure he was a teacher and i know he had triple bypass round the 80's would be so great to find them as they may have info i'm missing or confirm what i have

Michael

Michael Report 21 Mar 2011 10:36

Hi Eleanor, I have done a quick search and there is not very much info I can look into. Robinson is a very common name, and in my direct male line of descent there are some ancestors who had more than 10 offspring.
Try on Friends Reunited, or www.familysearch.org. (Both free of charge) www.bt.com maybe a source to look at. Make sure that you try every variation of a name i.e. Gerry could be Gerald etc.
If you need any more help please leave me a message here.

Good luck mand happy hunting

Regards

Michael

Eleanor

Eleanor Report 21 Mar 2011 14:23

thanks micheal will try both and see what i can come up with