Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Angela Steele

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 1 Jan 2007 15:50

I'm having problems tracing Gertrude Robinson my Grandmother, I know that she; Had a son called Charles William Robinson born on the 9th Dec 1910 at 121 Highbury Rd Nottingham, father unnamed, Gertrude's occupation was a Domestic Servant of Kirkby. Married my Grandfather Arthur Appleby (his secound marriage, first wife died in jfm 1911) on 18th Nov 1911 at The Parish Church in the Parish of Christ Church in the county borough of Derby. Their address on their marriage certificate is 4 Boden's Yard, Abbey Street, Derby, for both of them. They went on to have several more children, the ones I know for sure are Hilda in 1915, Ethel in 1917, Alice in 1918, Arthur in 1920, Edward (Ted, my father) in 1923, John Thomas in 1925, all shown as born at 18 Tennyson St, Kirkby In Ashfield, Notts. It's possible they had a Hannah in 1913, Gertrude in 1921, Alfred in 1927 and Phyllis in 1929. From thier Baptism records I know that Arthur either died in 1929 or had died by then. From the marriage cerificate I know Gertrudes father's name was Francis and he was deceased, she was 20 and Arthur was 43. I do not have her mothers name and have tried to follow Gertrude back on the census site but loose her and Francis. I have come up with two possible matches, a Naomi and a Cathrine Anne, they possible come Derbyshire or Yorkshire. If anyone out there can shed any light on any of the above I would be most greatful. Thanks for taking the time to read through my plight.