Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Robinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 3 Oct 2006 17:45

Hi, my name is Peter Valentine Robinson, I would like to contact any Robinson's who are researching the Robinsons from Norfolk, especially the Walsingham and Wells-next-the-Sea areas. However all other areas of the County would be of great interest. I am particularly interested in finding relatives of George Robinson (1808) his first wife Sophie (1808-1850) his second wife Mary Jane (ne seeker,1824 ), George and Mary, had three children, they may also have had a 4th child. the children's names were Henry 1858, Fanny 1863 , Serah and 1860 and? Jane E 1862??. George and Sophie his first wife also had a child called Jane 1839. George's son Henry married, Mallinda Mary Ann Bangay. Mallinda already had two daughters, Beatrice M, and Adelaide Annie. And Henry, fathered her five more children, Francis 1880, James 1885 Emma Jane 1888, Marion McQ (or M )1890, and Muriel Maude, (or Mildred Maude) Francis became a mining contractor, he wound up in Australia, and later joined the Australian Army on the 21/03/1916, at the age of 33. He was later medically discharged. but stayed in Australia. I believe that James may have moved to North Leeds area, and at one time worked for British Oxygen, there were other members of the Robinson family living in North Leeds prior to the 1901 senses, it appears they mainly worked in the Worcester spinning industry?? They were at one time joined by Henry and his family. and in actual fact Marion was born in North Leeds, but by the 1901 senses they whear back inWells-next-the-Sea. I have one more connection and that is to a X Mariner who be came a cigarette and tobaker shop proprietor in Yarmouth. I would be most grateful if any one can help me make some other connections so as to clarify some of the information I have. Yours hopefully Valentine Robinson