Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Robinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 1 Oct 2006 16:42

This is directed mainly to readers in New South Wales , Australia, I am trying to find information on France's Herbert Robinson, he was born in wells next the sea. Norfolk UK, in a bout 1880. he may have spent some time in the North Leeds area of Yorkshire, it appears he became a mining contractor, and may have travelled to Australia to follow that trade! On the21/3/1916. he enlisted into the Australian Army, at the R A S grounds Victoria Barracks N S W, at the age of 33, he was medically discharged on the 4/4/1919 suffering from septic leg and gas inhalation. He was nut married at this time, but I believe he stayed in Australia and married. He had quite an extended family in the UK my grandmother being his youngest sister, their father's name was Henry and the mother's name was Melinda, Mary, Ann Robinson. if anyone out there could help me I be most grateful. P V Robinson.