Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Robinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kim

Kim Report 15 Aug 2006 02:19

LOOKING FOR MEMBERS OF THE ROBINSON FAMILY FROM WEST HAM AND STRATFORD ANY HELP WELCOME THANKS KIM

Joanne

Joanne Report 6 Oct 2007 22:24

hi have a alexander,mabel emma and a frank in my tree from westham

Alyson

Alyson Report 26 Oct 2007 12:33

Hi my grandmother was a ROBINSON from london i would have to look at my tree but if i can help let me know
Alyson

Peter

Peter Report 16 Dec 2007 21:39

Hi Kim, My Ggrandfather Charles Robinson b1838 lived in Mamby Grove Stratford. He was a Dist/Supt on the railways. His wife Letitia, b1840
sons Charles b1868-William b1870-Percy b1872
Leonard b1874 lived there till they move to Ipswich. You will find details on "Find my past"census 1871 and 1881.
Regards, Peter

Christopher

Christopher Report 16 Dec 2007 21:50

please can anyone help ? my great grandfather was born in dublin in 1859 the name of william carr . he moved to liverpool in 1874 . or tell me were to start

Brendan

Brendan Report 2 Jul 2012 19:42

Hi I"m looking for info on Letitia Robinson born around 1870-1873 in or around Liverpool to William Robinson and Elizabeth Tierney. Immigrated to Boston around 1890. Any help greatly appreciated.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 2 Jul 2012 20:02

Brendan, you have added to a very old thread. Why not start a thread of your own asking for help? Many people here are willing to do look-ups for you.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 2 Jul 2012 20:03

Hi Brendon and welcome to the boards.

You have replied to an old thread dated back to 2006/2007.

It would be in your best interest to post a thread of your own regarding Letitia Robinson

Also use "Search Trees" in the dark green bar above to see if any other members have your family in their trees and you can then contact the tree owner/owners.

Something i just found......

Boston Passenger and Crew Lists, 1820-1943
about Letitia Robinson Name: Letitia Robinson (Spinster) England
Arrival Date: 10 Jun 1887
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1869
Ethnic Background: English
Port of Departure: Queenstown, Ireland and Liverpool, England
Ship Name: Scythia
Port of Arrival: Boston, Massachusetts and Charlestown, South Carolina

I don't know if they are related but next to her on the list is....John Robinson age 16 (Labourer) Ireland.

I am not seeing a Robinson/Tierney marriage so maybe there is an Irish connection here?