Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Robinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jackie

Jackie Report 18 May 2006 18:03

Hi, I am trying to find out about my family history, if anyone knows anything about my family then I would really appreciate it if you could contact me. My mother's name was Jean Annie Robinson she was born on 15/5/1927 and died 23/09/1991; she was married to Douglas Harry/Henry Grainger. My mother and father had 3 children; my two sisters Janet and Gillian and myself Jacqueline. My mother's parents were Lydia and Ernest Robinson; they lived in Old Whittington, Chesterfield. Jean was the youngest of seven children; Kathleen May, Leslie, Wilfred, Jack, Edna, and Ernest who sadly died at a young age, possibly 3. My Grandad Ernest died first leaving Lydia widowed. I think my Aunt Kathleen is the only one of the seven children alive today, where she continues to live in Chesterfield, aged roughly 84 and married Eric Wain and had a daughter and a son, Jennifer and John Wain. Eric passed away aged just 45 as did his son John who was a police officer in Chesterfield. Jennifer married Michael Toyn and had two sons; Andrew and David. The toyn's lived in Bahrain for many years where one of their sons was born, however they have since moved back to Chesterfield, where Andrew has followed his uncle into the police force. If you have even the vaguest memory that may help, please contact me. I would really like to discover my family history. Many Thanks Jackie