Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Robinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 25 Apr 2006 02:13

Hi, Does the name LINDSAYINA mean anything to anyone? My grandmother was LINDSAYINA Robinson ( born c 1884, died March 1954). Her mother was also LINDSAYINA (born c 1849, died 1892) and was married to her father, WILLIAM Robinson (born c 1846). The parents are on census forms as having been born in Scotland. However, they lived in Berwickshire, Northumberland in their early married lives before moving to Longbenton and then Monkwearmouth, Co. Durham. I have been told that the mother was named after an Uncle Lindsay and that the 'ina' was attached to make it into a girl's name. My grandmother had four brothers: WILLIAM (c 1867) STEPHEN (c 1871) EDWARD (c1880) and JOHN (c 1882). JOHN may have emigrated to Canada c 1812 to farm. There was a third LINDSAYINA (born 1907) but she died in 1908. I suspect she may have been the daughter of one of my grandmother's brothers. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am indebted to Janice for contacting me and providing me with some info and pointing me in directions for finding more. Thank you. It seems the first LINDSAYINA'S maiden name may have been ROSS and that she and WILLIAM married c 1866 in Scotland.