Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Robinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 8 Mar 2006 23:05

I'm trying to find my great grandfather Robinson, born circa 1850 in the Rotherham area. I do not know his Christian name. He married an Alice Mary and they had the following children: Francis (1874), Jane Ann (1876), Elizabeth (1879), Ellen (1881), Arthur (1883), Clara (1886), James Alfred (1892), Florence (1896), Edith Mary (1897) (my grandmother). The family moved to Clayton-le-Moors, Accrington, Lancashire and were living there in 1901. The family appear to have been working in the cotton mills and brick works. He had a brother Arthur Robinson, born 1850 in Masboro (Rotherham). I assume he must have died by 1901 as he does not appear on the census. If anyone has any information, I would love to hear from them. Regards Linda