Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Robinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Victoria

Victoria Report 13 Feb 2006 14:24

Hi Robinsons. I'm trying to locate my father or his family. His name Sidney James Robinson born c.1918 I believe in Rosedene just outside Edinburgh. He was last seen working as a taxi driver in Edinburgh about 30 years ago. He was never married to my mother Mary Alexander who was from Edinburgh. They were together from 1942 when they went for a short time to London then moved back to Newcastle upon Tyne. He was working as an engineering storekeeper and played violin in local dancebands. He was tall, blonde, slim and always bore trench coat and trilby. My mother and he had 3 children together and I last saw him in 1947 when he was taken away by the police and I believe from my aunt that he served time in prison. My mother died recently and would never talk about him or have his name mentioned so we never tried to trace him whilst she was alive. If details I have which I know are sketchy should ring any bells with anyone, please please get in touch. Thank you. Vicky Cunningham