Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Robinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 22 Jan 2004 17:29

From Christine Knapp nee Shorter , I am trying to trace the family tree of my mother Ruth Leece. Her fathers name was Ernest John Leece, mothers name was Catherine Annie Ramsay. Ernest John was born 1882 Ulverstone Lancashire.Catherine was born in 1883 in Keswick Cumberland. Ernest Johns mother was Sarah Robinson born I think about 1848 in Buttermere in Cumberland, she married aman called Leece , I think he was a gardener. Sarah Robinsons children were called Ernest John (my grandad),William, Alice,Thomas, and George who was illig, and called Robinson. Sarah died ?1926 Sarah Robinsons mother was a Stuart ?stewart.Other namesconnected are ---Ernest Johns cousin Martha Robinson who migrated to Canda, married Irishman Gault who had3 sons Tom(Can Navy) Bill(Military Police) Arthur Airforce.I,d love any information. thanks for reading this hope I get lucky. Chris.Recent information about my great grand parents= sarah Robinson married William Leece July/Sept 1/4 1873 Reg in Ulverston.Sarah also had a sister Idon,t know her christian name but she apparantly had a Dames school and charged a penny a week and she played the melodian , Sarah and her sisters were Stuarts The other connection Ihave is with illigitimate grt uncle George Robinson who migrated to NZ in 1913 he died at Pukemaro. His daughter Martha married a cousin Arthur Robinson who also went to NZ. Any one with any further info or linked to these people it woul be great to connect . Thankyou Chris.