Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Rowley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marham

Marham Report 26 Apr 2007 11:35

Margaret (nee Rowley) Hamilton I am trying to trace my father's family. His grandfather was James Thomas or Robert Rowley and he was born in London, Middlesex in 1856. I believe he was in the Navy at age about 15. he married Elizabeth Wells in Long Ditton Surrey in 1872 and they immigrated to Australia on the 'Berar' in 1885/6 and lived in Brisbane. They had 3 children when they immigrated and these were Mary Ann, Ada, and Helen Louisa. Any help with relations of this couple would be greatly appreciated. I don't have a lot to go on as my father was fostered by his single mum at age 6 weeks and she died when he was almost 5. thankyou.