Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Siblings of Leslie John Spencer born 1915

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 20 Jun 2008 13:51

Hi

I am looking for anyone related to my grandad.
He was born in Yorkshire on Feb 14th 1915 to Ethel and Frederick (I think) Spencer. Unfortunately, his father had gone off to war before he was born and died without seeing him. I know he had a brother Fred and a sister Sis (Don't know what it is short for). His mother remarried to William Hutton and they had another 2 daughters Kitty and Janet. My dad has not seen this side of the family for over 40years and i would love any information on them. Email me at emma_spencer.hotmail.com

Thank you Emma

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 20 Jun 2008 13:54

Just to start things off here is Leslie's birth reg...

Births Mar 1915
Spencer Leslie J mmn Draper Nottingham 7b 947

Mothers maiden name (mmn) is Draper....

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 20 Jun 2008 13:58

a sister born before him...

Births Jun 1912
Spencer Kathleen M mmn Draper Nottingham 7b 923

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 20 Jun 2008 14:05

are you sure on the names?

the only marriage i can find is this one....

Marriages Sep 1909
DRAPER Elizabeth Nottingham 7b 499
SPENCER Nathaniel Nottingham 7b 499

Tracey

Diane

Diane Report 20 Jun 2008 14:13

Births Mar 1921 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hutton Janet Draper Rotherham 9c 1347

Births Jun 1923 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hutton Kitty Draper Rotherham

Emma

Emma Report 20 Jun 2008 14:24

Not 100% on the Frederick but I know it was definately Ethel. Ethel's maiden name was Draper. Thank you for helping me on this.

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 20 Jun 2008 14:25

I wonder then if she remarried as a Draper if she was actually ever married to her first husband?

Tracey

Diane

Diane Report 20 Jun 2008 14:27

Are those births Kitty and Janet's? Do you know if they moved to Surrey at some time?

Libby

Emma

Emma Report 20 Jun 2008 14:27

I've spoken to someone on here who has the certificate of Ethel's 2nd wedding to William Hutton and it states her with the name Spencer and as a widower but Im having no luck on finding any info on the Spencer man (My Great-Grandad) Emma

Emma

Emma Report 20 Jun 2008 14:29

They may have moved. My dad said there was some family disagreement in the 60's and they never saw each other again. I know Kitty married Charles Higgins.

Diane

Diane Report 20 Jun 2008 14:30

Oh okay . not the marriage I found for a Kitty then.

Libby