Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Louisa Digan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Louisa

Louisa Report 9 Nov 2005 23:31

Can anybody help? Looking for information re my GGG-Grandfather, Samuel Spencer. He was a bricklayer by trade and, a private in the 2nd Battalion, 60th Rifles. He married Ann Hirman in March 1851 at North Parish Church, Loughborough, Leicester. His daughter Louisa, was born in October the same year at Patrick's Yard, Baxter's Gate, Loughborough. The 1871 Census for Glasgow, Lanarkshire shows Louisa working as a domestic servant in the area. I am also trying to find any information on Ann Hirman. Daughter Louisa married twice but on both marriage certificates her mother's maiden name is given as Beveridge. This leads me to think that Ann was widowed but remarried. Any information at all would be greatly appreciated. Louisa