Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Vienna Spencer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vienna Esther

Vienna Esther Report 20 Jul 2005 04:00

Seek BRITISH SPENCER Cousins--- Are there any folk out there that descend from 'Henry of Badby' (ie- Henry Spencer of Badby,Northants.)--b.c.1385/d.c.1476-- who m. Isabel LINCOLN --and from whom 4 inter-related Spencer branches descend?(ie-'Spencers of Bedfordshire'; 'Nicholas of Cople' (branch 'off' the Bedfordshire line---Nick,Jr.became Gov.of Virginia-in early 1600s); 'Spencers of Althorp' (Princess Diana's line);and 'Marlborough Spencers' (a branch 'off' the 'Althorp' line)-Winston Churchill's line (ie-as his real full name was Winston SPENCER-Churchill). Anyway, I seek anyone who still TODAY possess the Spencer surname (or was their maiden name) who is in Britain that knows they descend from any of the above lines. Also if they haven't gotten that far back, but know that they descend from any of the following---- Daniel Spencer lived c.1600-1660 was successful London grocer---who died owning many properties, including the 'Red Lion Inn' in Hitchin' (hertfordshire). Or if you descend from his uncle, Richard Spencer c.1575-1630-ish, who was a haberdasher w/ his own shop along London Bridge, in London. If you descend from any of the above and possess Spencer surname still today(or was maiden name) PLEASE contact me,as i have much Spencer info (of these families) to share----lineage charts/Old Spencer photos/ bible page info/ family history,etc.,etc. Desperately seeking my British (blood) SPENCER cousins!!!