Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Storey family from Sheffield

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 11 Apr 2008 18:39

I am trying to trace any relatives of my great, great grandparents and their descendants

The information I have so far is as follows:

Great, great grandfather is John Storey born c 1833. He married Elizabeth Morley (c 1837) on 26 Sept 1853 at St Georges Church in Sheffield.
According to the marriage certificate John was living in Crookes, Sheffield and his father's name is William. John's occupation was a grinder and William's a grinder.

Elizabeth was living in Wellington Street and her father's name is Thomas, his occupation being a Cutter.

I have a copy of a 1841 Sheffield census which gives William aged 35, a grinder; Ann aged 45, John aged 7 and Emma aged 5. I believe this to be the family but can find no further census relating to them.

I also have copies of 1841 & 1851 Sheffield census for Thomas Morley, a Cutter, aged 36 and 46 respectively; Hannah aged 36 & 45, William 8 & 18, Henry aged 5 & 15 and Elizabeth aged 3 & 13.

I believe this to be Elizabeth's family.

John & Elizabeth had a son called Henry born 23 Nov 1858. Henry was born in Crookes and is my great grandfather. He died 15 December 1923 in Lowestoft. Henry was married to Jane Linch, born in Southampton

Any information however small would be gratefully received.

Regards
Mary