Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

storeys

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hillary

Hillary Report 21 Aug 2008 22:09

the name storey comes from the area of solway firth some moved to tyneside the river reede and some to cumbria. the storeys were a big clan or family well known for stealing and robbing over the border. you can find the name in the tower at hexham northumberland of a storey hung for sheep stealing. you can also find mention of the storeys in books related to history of northumberland and the borders. they were known as border reivers. any storeys out there with relations born 1800s in cowpen or ashington i would be interested to hear from you.

Joy

Joy Report 25 Sep 2008 15:23

I have just started My Grandmother was Emily Storey and I believe she was born near Mortherwell later moving to Carlisle Cumbria She married Walter leonard Wilson and they had 2 sons Arthur and David please can you advise of possible matches
Joy

Melanie

Melanie Report 8 Oct 2008 10:41

Hi Hillary
I have yet to research the Storey family in Depth
my gr gr gr grandfather John Storey 1794 or 1795
registered Tynemouth

John storey married Elizabeth Spence
do you have these names
love to hear from you regards Melanie

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Oct 2008 11:17

Joy - you would need to furnish some dates - approximate or otherwise

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Oct 2008 18:00

n

Askin

Askin Report 6 May 2012 13:58

Hi Hillary

I have recentley found out my grandfarther was William Henry Storey. Iam not sure where he was born, i think around 1910- 20 and he did live in Nottingham for a while.

Regards Ash