Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Storey, Clerkenwell, 1821

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jonathan

Jonathan Report 22 Sep 2007 23:04

Does anyone have anything on a William Storey who was in Clerkenwell in 1821?

I have the baptism of Henry Walgr?ve Storey, son of William and Caroline at St. James Clerkenwell on 13/1/1821. William is listed as a pencil manufacturer - however this may mean brushes used to hand-paint fine china.

I've been through the parish records of St. James in the LMA twice and cannot find any evidence of either William and Caroline's marriage or any other children.

There is a William Story m Caroline who has two children baptised in St. Andrew Holborn in 1812-1815 however the baptism records of that church in the LMA list him as a Jeweller so it's probably a different couple.

I have a Caroline Storey b 1797, buried 11/2/1835 at St. Andrew Holborn however I can't be sure if this really is Henry's mother.

Thanks

Jonathan