Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Harry Taylor-Joyce Webb Hackney 1944

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 13 Sep 2008 15:28

Hello,
Im trying to fill in the blanks on my fathers side. The story is a little vague but it goes something like this, my grandmother Joyce, a then famous pub singer in and around the east end of London met and married a sailor named Harry Taylor who went back to sea. During this time my father was born, Jackie Roy Taylor, then my grandmother split with Harry Taylor and married Alf Durant who changed his name to Taylor. Then at about 6 years old my father was introduced to an American serviceman named earl-jewel mcfarlane or mcfarland (the spelling could be wrong) who he only ever saw once, but was told that 'he was a very special man' and over the years through subtle hints was led into believing that this was his real father. Unfortunately the truth was buried with grandmother and my fathers birth cert. says Harry Taylor as his father which is technically untrue. I cannot trace him either. Could any one give me any advice to aid me in this quest. Kind regards from Paul Taylor