Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Harry Hunt

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marjorie

Marjorie Report 4 Feb 2008 10:59

I am trying to find the record of birth/baptism of Harry Frederick Hunt, apparently at Rottingdean, Sussex, c.1863. His father was Frederick Hunt and his mother was Rosa Caroline Baldacci. Harry came to Australia in 1898, married Susan Jane Chapple in 1899, Sydney. He died in 1910.
Frederick Hunt was an Artist.

jansmith

jansmith Report 4 Feb 2008 11:27

I cannot find anyone on 1871 census with these details

jansmith

jansmith Report 4 Feb 2008 11:44

I have found this Rosa in 1841 census
Name: Rosa Baldacci
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1829
Where born: Middlesex, England

Civil Parish: St Paul Covent Garden
Hundred: Westminster
County/Island: Middlesex
Annina Baldacci 5
Carola Baldacci 1
Francesca Baldacci 3
Francesco Baldacci 30
Govannia Baldacci 6
Isabella Baldacci 13
Maria Baldacci 11
Mary Baldacci 30
Rosa Baldacci 12

Julie

Julie Report 4 Feb 2008 11:48

Marjorie

Where did you get his Mums name from as i can't even find a marriage for them

jansmith

jansmith Report 4 Feb 2008 12:00

I cannot find any thing else from details posted

Marjorie

Marjorie Report 11 Apr 2011 14:17

Julie. 10April, 2011
I have the marriage certificate of Harry Hunt, born c.1862,Sussex. His father was Frederick Hunt, artist, and mother was Rosa Caroline Baldacci. It states that he was born at Rottingdean; however, I do wonder if this was true or stated falsely as he married Susan Jane Chapple in Sydney in 1899, nobody would have checked his English background. My mother once told me that she had a half brother in England, i.e., a son of Harry Hunt. His marital status was given as 'Widower" but his death certificate states 'Previous Marital status unknown", informant was his wife, Susan Jane Chapple.
Marjorie