Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Have Hit Brick Wall

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 5 Feb 2008 10:24

Please would someone be able to check out a birth record of Thomas BATTERSBY b. 1804-1806 about. I cannot find any information about his parents, or part of England where his immediate family was from. Thomas BATTERSBY married Christiana GIBBON b. 1806 about. in Yorkshire; they married January 1825. First child Henry William Battersby b. 1821, Sarah Elizabeth Battersby b. 1826. Maria Battersby c. 1830 died in infancy. Thomas Battersby and his family left England for South Australia in 1838. I live in Australia and my geography of old England is very poor, knowledge of parishes is even poorer.
It would be really great to know where my g,g,g,grandfather came from and his parents names. Kind thanks

June

June Report 5 Feb 2008 14:07

IGI Individual Record FamilySearchâ„¢ International Genealogical Index v5.0
British Isles
Search Results | Download

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THOS. BATTERSBY
Male

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 06 JUN 1802 Slaidburn, Yorkshire, England

Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: THOS. BATTERSBY
Mother: BRIDGET

SLAIDBURN, a parish-town, in the west division of Staincliffe, liberty of Bolland; 9 miles NW. of Clitheroe, (Lanc.) 10 from Gisburn, and Long Preston, 12 from Settle, 20 from Lancaster and Blackburn, (Lanc.) 21 from Skipton, 62 from York.

June x

June

June Report 5 Feb 2008 14:08

IGI Individual Record FamilySearchâ„¢ International Genealogical Index v5.0
British Isles
Search Results | Download

THOMAS BATTERSBY
Male

Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 08 MAR 1807 Wistow, Yorkshire, England

Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: JOSEPH BATTERSBY
Mother: ALICE

WISTOW, a parish-town, in the wapentake of Barkston-Ash, liberties of St. Peter, and of Cawood, Wistow, and Otley; 2 miles from Cawood, 3 miles N. of Selby, 12 from York. Pop. 633

June x

Pamela

Pamela Report 17 Feb 2008 11:29

Many thanks to June for help with my ancestor Thomas Battersby, parish details much appreciated.
Thanks also to Barbara for help on Christina Gibbons parentage. Pamela, Australia