Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help please sorted

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

michael2

michael2 Report 17 Jun 2008 21:35

hi i am seeking to find out about gilbert pritchard who in 1871 died aged 40 yrs acording to the death cert the cause of death was violent asphyxia accidently suffacated in a vat i would like to know bit more on this can any one tell me how i can find out thank you

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 17 Jun 2008 21:38

I would have thought that an accident of this sort would have been reported in the local newspapers. If you know the place where the death took place, you could contact the library for that area and see if anything was reported in the newspaper of the time (most libraries keep back copies of newspapers on microfilm). It shouldn't be difficult to find since you have the exact date of death.

Kath. x

michael2

michael2 Report 17 Jun 2008 22:02

hi kathleen thank you for your promt reply i did not think of that i was looking for the news papers that were around at that time but could not find any thank you again michael

Annette

Annette Report 18 Jun 2008 15:42

I am trying to find the sister of Emma Frances Horwood, who went to America. 1851 Census Emma and her father were living at a coffee shop in Windmill street nr Tottenham court Road. The girls parents were William Horwood and Sarah Ann Archer. Name of sister not known.

Annette