Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lizzie Hall married to Thomas Showell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janice

Janice Report 3 Jul 2008 13:11

My g grandfather married Lizzie Hall (b circa 1880) in Southwark - my grandfather Leonard Showell was born in 1903 in Paddington, believe he had a brother Thomas and a sister Rose - since then I have learned that Thomas Showell (b circa 1880) married again and had more children (Frank and Betty?) possibly twice!!

Would like more information on Lizzie Hall - whether she married again or had more children - also the second and third families of Thomas Showell - many thanks

JenW

JenW Report 3 Jul 2008 13:15

I'm guessing Lizzie probably died if Thomas remarried. There's this death which looks like it could be her

Deaths Mar 1909 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHOWELL Lizzie 28 Kensington 1a 107

Langdon Lass

Langdon Lass Report 3 Jul 2008 13:17

For reference - Lizzie Hall and Thomas Showell's marriage.

LL

Marriages Jun 1903
Hall Lizzie St. Olave 1d 483
Showell Thomas St. Olave 1d 483

Langdon Lass

Langdon Lass Report 3 Jul 2008 13:20

Possible second marriage?

Marriages Dec 1909
BANTON Rose Frances Marylebone 1a 1252
ECKHARDT Martiene_ J Marylebone 1a 1252
MAKEPEACE Jane Marylebone 1a 1252
SHOWELL Thomas Marylebone 1a 1252

Langdon Lass

Langdon Lass Report 3 Jul 2008 13:21

Possible birth for Frank?

Births Dec 1910
SHOWELL Frank Marylebone 1a 498

LL

Janice

Janice Report 8 Jul 2008 13:17

Many thanks guys - I already had the marriage in St Olaves as that's where my grandfather was born but just assumed that Lizzie and Thomas divorced! I've also heard that the 3rd marriage of Thomas Showell produced a daughter Rita, which is probably short for Margaret or something - I wish I had the time (and money!!) to spend on this - I'm totally hooked!!!

J