Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kate Munn 1882

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Adam

Adam Report 11 Jul 2008 13:08

Kate MUNN married William F E SHEPPARD in Mitcham, Surrey on 28th July 1907. The cert says she was 25 at the time. Her father was George Munn, a gardener.
A witness on the marriage cert is Eliza Munn.

We believe that the family came from Kent. In the 1901 census there are 2 Kate Munns born Kent c1882 but they are both servants. I have the same problem with the 1891.

Can anyone see something I have missed or does anyone have any ideas how to find Kate without ordering every Kate Munn birth cert?

Thank you

JenW

JenW Report 11 Jul 2008 13:13

what makes you think they were from kent?

JenW

JenW Report 11 Jul 2008 13:16

you can rule out the kate munn b c1882 maidstone as her father in edwin in the 1891 census

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 11 Jul 2008 13:16

Kate could be a middle name or short for Katherine or Catherine

Adam

Adam Report 11 Jul 2008 13:20

Thank you for all of your replies.

I am researching this family for my partner (Adam). His father is deceased and his grandmother has Alzheimers. His grandfather is also deceased.
Kate and William would be his great grandparents on his fathers side and the family stories (of which there are not many) say that Kates family came from Kent.
I have traced the Sheppard side and they are all from the Mitcham area.
William Sheppard seems to be missing from the 1901 census.

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 13 Aug 2013 14:39

Please could you tell me if William had a son called Douglas thank you

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Aug 2013 14:46

very old posting here Jennifer click on poster's name to try and get a message to him via GR