Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Details of death cert

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 14 Sep 2008 13:20

I am trying to find details of my grandmothers death in Exeter she was married to thomas Tancock and had three children

I think she must have been born around 1905 give or take 5 years

Any help would be good. I have lots of details of my grandfather thomas but not her.

thank you

Susan

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Sep 2008 13:28

you haven't given her name!!

Any idea when she was last known to be alive .ie she was at a family wedding in ?? or something similar/would give a starting date

Susan

Susan Report 14 Sep 2008 13:40

Sorry I thought because it was in the boxes above it followed into the ones below, here goes she was called Gwendoline Tancock nee Ousley and married my grandfather thomas tancock she died when my mum was about 15 years old so I have never met her she had two other children Arthur and Jonny. My mum was born in 1934 so it must have ben about 1949 ish My mum cant remember much other than an aunty elsie and cnat remember if it was a burial or cremation

any start would do Birth marriage or death

thank you

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Sep 2008 13:44

birth

Gwendoline Minnie Ousley
Year of Registration: 1910
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
District: Exeter
County: Devon
Volume: 5b
Page: 71

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Sep 2008 13:47

death

June qtr 1950

Gwendoline M Tancock age 40 Exeter 7a 389

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Sep 2008 13:53

marriage

Dec qtr 1930

Gwendoline M Ousley spouse Tancock Exeter 5 b 230

I would recommend getting the marriage cert cos it will give her dads name and occupation . this will help then in finding her parents names ,which you can verify with the birth cert.
looks like a couple of certs buying!!

Shirley

Susan

Susan Report 14 Sep 2008 13:54

thank you so much i will now send off for her birth cert to get details of her mother and father and brother and sisters. I have been told i was born on her birthday 8th january so it will be nice to find out if this is true

thank you

Sue

how do you get the info so quick, I would like to learn myself all I get is lists of maybe names
do you pay the annual cost

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Sep 2008 14:05

Freebmd is a good free site for births marriages and deaths ,and they are now transcribing in the1920,s
The other records i found on Ancestry that I have an annual sub too.Your info re her dying when your mum was about 15 gave me a starting date and I always go a bit further as a start date and work backwards or forwards as peoples recollections can be a bit out.
Again with your mums birth being 1934 I thought a start date of 1930 was the best place to start.
For these type of searches its a trawl through each year ,qtr by qtr,
Sometimes we hit !BINGO" very quickly

Shirley