Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Olga Austin born c1924 Newcastle Upon Tyne

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 21 Sep 2008 17:05

Olga Austin was my father in law's sister (he was John Derek), I think a bit older (he was born in 1926) Their mothers maiden name was Hunter (Margaret) and I definitely found John's birth. Father was Ernest Ethelbert Austin.

I am having a lot of trouble tracing Olga and am now no longer in contact with the Austin family well enough to ask for their help. John has since passed away and I am tracing the family tree for my daughter to help her know her Austin past.

Can anyone offer any help or ideas? I know Olga married but no idea when, had children and moved to America. She was also a Mormon so felt maybe there should be something somewhere about her. But no luck.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Heather

Heather Report 21 Sep 2008 17:57

If she were a Mormon Id have thought there may well be something on the Mormon site -familysearch.org.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Sep 2008 18:03

was she definatley reg as Olga??

theres this one that must be related to your FIL

Births Sep 1921

Austin Lilian Hunter Newcastle T. 10b 56

Maybe not cos there is this one as well and your Inlaws didnt marry till 1926

Births Jun 1919

Austin May D Hunter Newcastle T 10b 68

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Sep 2008 18:07

Parents marriage

Marriages Sep 1926

Austin Ernest E Hunter Newcastle T 10b 39

Hunter Margaret Austin Newcastle T. 10b 39

Heather

Heather Report 21 Sep 2008 18:28

Well, no sign of an Olga on familysearch.org and Id have thought a mormon would definitely have got her name on there :) I spose she couldnt have had a different father could she?

doddsy1

doddsy1 Report 21 Sep 2008 18:46

If John was born in 1926 and his parents married in 1926 and Olga was older than John...then Olga was born before the parents married .....
there is a birth for a Olga Hunter in 1923, mmn Duxfield ????

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 21 Sep 2008 19:17

Thanks once again everyone!
It seems likely Olga was born before the marriage of Ernest Austin and Margaret (Hunter). It was Margaret herself I got the information from before she died in 1988.

I know very little about Ernest - not traced his birth yet, so if he was bit older, suppose he may have been married before to ?? Duxfield. Birth Certificate may be the only way to go.

Unless the family would forget the past and actually communicate with me for the sake of my daughter knowing her heritage!!

I can but try, as I can't get past Ernest yet until I find his birth and sort out Olga!

Will keep trying. I just need to learn a little patience.
Thanks again
Steff

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Sep 2008 19:29

This looks like Ernest's birth:-

Name: Ernest Ethelbert Austin
Year of Registration: 1903
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
District: Newcastle Upon Tyne
County: Northumberland, Tyne and Wear
Volume: 10b
Page: 167