Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for John Werf

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jobartlett

jobartlett Report 22 Oct 2008 17:09

im looking for someone called John Werf who is of Dutch Nationality .... as he is dutch, maybe that was the name he used in england it could be johan werf .... jan werf ... or even johan or jan van der werf etc ... he was in the Merchant Navy around june1969 and docked in liverpool where he met my birth mum and was 38 at time so around age 76 now... i dont know weather he remained in england or went back to netherlands ....
Any info then please get intouch thanks...

Thomas

Thomas Report 22 Oct 2008 22:04

is this guy your genetic father? if so is he on your birth cert?
try dutch national union of seamen - dutch ministry of transport? if you were adopted ask the adoption agency to help you in your enquiries. good luck in your search

jobartlett

jobartlett Report 23 Oct 2008 13:28

Hi Thomas... Yes its my birth father and no he isnt on my birth cert ... he is named in my adoption records ... and also there is a name of the ship he was on but im yet to find out what the ship is called wont actually see my records for another 2 weeks ...
thanks for that will look into it :-)