Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Still trying to find Cecil Roland Graham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lyn

Lyn Report 10 Feb 2009 02:06

Thanks for looking up info on Cecil Roland Graham b. 1891. What I know - he was the son of David Rloand Graham and Adelaide McCully. Two brothers, Rex b.1907 and Robert b.1922. Married in 1922 - not sure who.
Can't find his death in NSW or Vic. Would like to know if he had children.
He was born in Muswellbrook, NSW.
I'll stay on line for at least an hour.
Lyn

Linda

Linda Report 10 Feb 2009 02:27

There are two marriages on the Vic BMD one in 1923 to a Rita Irene Treloar, Reg No 2628, and the other in 1928 to an Ada Maude Foote, reg no 12668. However the cecil in 1923 has the middle name william, and in 1929 has the middle name Ernest? Regards Linda :)

Lyn

Lyn Report 10 Feb 2009 02:30

Thanks for checking Linda. I'm really sorry but I forgot to say he was born and married in NSW. Don't have a clue where he died or if he had any children.

Thanks again for trying.
Lyn

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 10 Feb 2009 02:34

And this is the problem with multiple threads about the same thing. People's time gets wasted.

When you say thanks, and still looking, it appears you have had a thread about this individual before. I don't find one on a search for the name. Surely you have not deleted the work people did ...

If for some reason it seems advisable to start a new thread (although there is a site rule against it), the least that can be done is to provide a link to the previous thread so that people can see what was already done, whether it was successful or not. It just isn't wise to invite people to do it all over again.

Linda

Linda Report 10 Feb 2009 02:36

He's not trying to make it easy for you! There are two marriages in NSW in 1922 for a cecil R:

5946/1922 GRAHAM CECIL R BURNS GLADYS J ST LEONARDS Buy Now
16653/1922 GRAHAM CECIL R COLLESS JESSIE E MUDGEE

So now you just have to order one cert and hope it matches what you have about Cecil, ie parents names etc, regards Linda :)

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 10 Feb 2009 02:39

Have you looked for a marriage in NSW?

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/Index/IndexingOrder.cgi/search?SessionID=14774343&event=marriages

5946/1922
GRAHAM CECIL R
BURNS GLADYS J
ST LEONARDS

16653/1922
GRAHAM CECIL R
COLLESS JESSIE E
MUDGEE

You don't say how you know the date of his marriage, but those were both in 1922, and one could be your man. The certificates would give the father's name at least.

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 10 Feb 2009 02:41

Great minds strike again.

It occurs to me that this is where the 1922 marriage date comes from, and we have gone in a circle.

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 10 Feb 2009 02:42

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1124705

On records office.

It would be wise to delete that thread, just in case someone stumbles on it in future and doesn't know there is a new one.

Lyn

Lyn Report 10 Feb 2009 02:54

Thanks. I will order the marriage certificate.

The death is still a problem. I don't know where he went after 1922 when he left his parents' home. Just know he went to get married and then moved somewhere probably interstate.
Sorry if I have done the wrong thing but I am new at this.

Lyn

Linda

Linda Report 10 Feb 2009 03:00

You can use NSW bmd and Vic BMD to look up children, although the surname is quite common so may be a few to pick from! Have checked them both out for deaths up to 1985 and nothing coming up. You can get the marriage cert from the NSW site but it can take up to 3 weeks to arrive. Regards Linda:)