Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Violet Hall

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Beagle

Beagle Report 21 Mar 2009 14:24

Can anyone help me find the volume number for the birth of Violet Hall.She was born 29/12/1909 but i cant find a birth certificate for her. Violet Hall was my great grandmother.

Any help is much appreciated

Debra

Artbeat

Artbeat Report 21 Mar 2009 14:27

Should be one of these 2, or did she have a middle name.

Name: Violet Hall
Year of Registration: 1910
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
District: Foleshill
County: Warwickshire
Volume: 6d
Page: 491

Name: Violet Hall
Year of Registration: 1910
District: Bellingham
County: Northumberland
Volume: 10b
Page: 407

Beagle

Beagle Report 21 Mar 2009 14:56

On her marriage certificate it says her middle name is annie. im tryin to get her and her husbands birth certs i have his volume number and page number but not hers dont think it will register she had a middle name tho.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Mar 2009 15:00

Are you sure of the date of birth? This is the only birth I can find for a Violet Annie Hall:-

Name: Violet Annie Hall
Year of Registration: 1909
District: Chelsea (1841-1981)
County: Greater London, London, Middlesex
Volume: 1a
Page: 356

Could she have been born in December 1908 (which could mean she was registered in the March qtr. of 1909? Do you know where she came from? You can't be certain of her year of birth if you don't have her birth certificate.

Kath. x

Beagle

Beagle Report 21 Mar 2009 15:21

she was born in walsall her death cert says her date of birth was 29 dec 1909 i did find her birth cert b4 now its gone missin off register but i heard that didnt always register birth straightaway anyway

Beagle

Beagle Report 21 Mar 2009 18:46

her marriage cert shows that her father was called henry hall and he was a farmer. i find this difficult to search as the hall family were travellers