Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

find fathers parents please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nellie123

Nellie123 Report 1 Apr 2009 23:28

could someone help me find my fathers parents as i dont know anything about my dad was charles mc naught 1923 glasgow i would be very greatful for news
thankyou nellie

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 1 Apr 2009 23:35

There are two births Charles Black McNaught and Charles Cameron McNaught as below for that year, you may know middle name for the correct one but you would have to order the certificate from Scotlands People website as you can't download it you must order it. The parents names both mother and father would be on the certificate and info on when they married too, date and place etc.

Betty

No Year Surname Forename Sex District City/County/MR GROS Data Image Extract
1 1923 MCNAUGHT CHARLES BLACK M PLANTATION GLASGOW/LANARK 644/20 0602 No Image ORDER

2 1923 MCNAUGHT CHARLES CAMERON M GORBALS GLASGOW/LANARK 644/17 0703 No Image ORDER

Nellie123

Nellie123 Report 1 Apr 2009 23:57

thankyou betty
it was charles black mc naught thankyou for your infomationi will give it a try
kind regards nellie

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Feb 2018 17:48

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1370725