Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Johann RENK and Katharina DALDORF

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Beatrice

Beatrice Report 5 Nov 2009 08:52

Johann Heinrich RENK and Katharina Dorothea DALDORF came from Germany. I am trying to find their Birth and Death dates and exactly where they came from in Germany. The only information I have is their son Johann Jurgen RENK (1830 - 1890) migrated to Sth. Australia in 1881 with his 2 sons and his wife Dorothea Elizabeth (nee TALG) (1843 - 1942). He came from Neetze at the time of his migration.

Any help will be appreciated, I will be making a separate post for information on Dorothea TALG.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Nov 2009 09:11

duplicate posting - please delete ASAP - thanks

Julcoe

Julcoe Report 5 Nov 2009 09:13

Hope that Beatrice does not delete them both (as individually instructed) we need somewhere to add info.

Johann Jurgen RENK (1830 - 1890)

Do you have Johann's death certificate ?

Australian death certificates usually have lots of extra info.

Julcoe

Julcoe Report 5 Nov 2009 09:33

Upon further investigationI found that Johann Died on 19 Jan 1890, at Adelaide, aged 62yrs
Registration Info.
District .. Ade.
Bk. .. 183
Pg. .. 277

I also found that Dorothea/Dorothy re-marriad in 1912 so she was probably the "informant" who gave the info for Johann's death certificate.
Hopefully her info should have been correct.

Her marriage registration states that her father was 'Heinrich Taly(Talg)

Beatrice

Beatrice Report 5 Nov 2009 10:19

Hi Julie
I don't have the Death Cert. but have used Sth Oz shipping records and BMD records. I know that Dorothea remarried a ??? PREUSSER