Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Masham Parish Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Celia

Celia Report 10 Nov 2009 16:24

I have the masham parish registers for 1599 to 1837 if anyone needs a look up. I also have some Wensley look ups as well which I am willing to share. Regards celia

Kerry

Kerry Report 31 Dec 2012 21:20

Hello Celia! I am looking for my 8th Great Grandfather. His name was William Cowper. He had a son by the same name who came to Pennsylvania in the year abt 1699. I have very good documentation from when my family came to America but have been unsuccessful in finding my grandfather and his family who stayed in England. This is the info that I do have.:

William Cowper, was born abt 1625 in a place called Nether, Low Ellington, a hamlet on the River Ure, in the Northriding of Yorkshire England. He died in the same area abt 1649. His son William Cowper (Cooper), who was born in the same area in 1649, came to America with his wife and children with a letter from Masham Parrish.

Could you please do a look up and just see if there is any info on this family? Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you! :-)

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 31 Dec 2012 21:42

This thread is 3 years old

Try and send the poster a message and if still a member, with the same email addy, then they will get notification thru GR

Janet

Janet Report 1 Jan 2013 12:16

If you need to know information about North Yorkshire try the 'Borthwick Institute' --they may be able to supply the information which you are seeking-jl